Dental technician John Sjöding founded Sendoline in 1917. Having initially concentrated on manufacturing dental gold alloys and dental laboratory products, he soon realised the need to extend the scope of the operations to include endodontic products.
One of Sendoline’s most important product innovations is the H-file, which was developed in the 1940’s in collaboration with the Swedish doctor Gustav Hedström. The launch of the H-file with its improved cutting ability introduced a new and more effective way for dentists to work. The H-file is still one of the most widely used files around the world today.
In 2005 Sendoline AB was acquired by W&H, one of the dental industry’s oldest and most respected dental companies. With a growth exceeding most rivals, Sendoline is rapidly cementing its place in the global dental market by being represented in over 50 countries.
Dr Fredrik Erhardt
Specialist in Endodontics
- Fredrik completed his Endodontic specialist training at the Karolinska Institute – Stockholm in 1988
- He has been in private endodontic referral practice since 1988 and accepts referrals from colleagues from all over Sweden
- Fredrik is a guest supervisor at the Karolinksa Institute and is a consultant to the National Health Board of Sweden.
- As a leading authority in the filed of endodontics, Frederik has presented lectures to dentists in 17 countries worldwide.
- Fredrik has led the research and development of several endodontic techniques and products including the Sendoline S5 rotary system.
- Fredrik was the Chairman of the Swedish endodontic Society 2003 -2008.
Charlie Nicholas BDS (U. Bham. UK)
Charlie qualified from the University of Birmingham, England in 1996. He worked as a general practitioner in the Midlands for several years before traveling to the USA and Europe to develop his endodontic skills and knowledge. In 2004 he limited his practice to endodontics and developed referral bases across Worcestershire, the Midlands, Shropshire and Mid Wales.
In 2006 Charlie founded d2dEndo, an endodontic training and supply company. Over the next five years, d2dEndo grew and quickly became a major force in the endodontic market in the UK. Over this time Charlie trained thousands of dentists in the UK, Europe and the USA, running both hands-on courses and seminars.
In 2012 d2dEndo was acquired by Sendoline AB, a Swedish endodontic manufacturer. Sendoline has been established for nearly one hundred years and in 1940 famously developed the H-file in collaboration with Swedish doctor Gustav Hedstrom. In 2005 Sendoline was acquired by W&H, one of the dental industries oldest and most respected companies.
As the Clinical Director of Sendoline UK, Charlie’s enthusiasm and passion for endodontics has now made their S5 Rotary Files one of the most popular endodontic systems on the UK market today. He runs both entertaining and informative endodontic courses around the country sharing his passion and experience in a relaxed and approachable manner.